Solid Edge ST6 has been announced. With over 1200 improvements Siemens have delivered another huge upgrade with something for everyone.
- New Surfacing tools including G2 curves, in-place curvature edits, bound surfaces, 3D control handles, trim and extend multiple faces at once and much more.
- Data migration from other CAD systems such is enhanced, with assembly mates and materials coming across in some cases. Once the data is imported it can be edited using synchronous technology.
- Design validation with 3D Goal Seek
- Sheet metal, add sheet metal features to ordinary parts of constant thickness, stamped Sheet metal parts and much more
- Drafting enhancements include call-out balloons placed on path and handy dimension clean up tools
- Solid Edge Viewer for Android (new) and iPad will also include drawings.
We expect Solid Edge ST6 to be shipping for Cadconsult PLM maintenance customers sometime in August. Free Solid Edge 45 day trials will continue to be in ST5 until then.
For more information and to view several demos please visit www.siemens.com/plm/st6
Solid Edge users under maintenance have always had webkey access to Siemen’s GTAC support forums, however Siemens PLM has recently launched the public Siemens PLM community . This site is available to everyone and Solid Edge features prominently with questions and answers plus a growing number of Solid Edge articles. One article which new (and
Today Cadimage Group (the parent of Cadconsult PLM) is pleased to announce the acquisition of EnDuraSim Pty Limited. Over the last 12 months we have worked closely with EnDuraSim establishing a Femap Support presence in New Zealand and have taken a further step to strengthen the position of Cadimage Group. Over time we expect all our Femap
Auckland, 18th Jan 2013. Based on technology shown to increase productivity by a factor of ten or more when working with imported CAD files, 3DSync is now available to use free until the 15th May 2013. One of the significant benefits associated with Siemens’ proprietary synchronous technology software capability is now being made available to
Solid Edge 2D Drafting offers an immediate advantage with production-proven capabilities including innovative parametric drafting tools, drawing layout, Goal Seeking, diagramming, and dimensioning. It is fully compliant with ISO, ANSI, DIN and JIS , and it’s absolutely FREE to download and use. Solid Edge 2D Drafting eases the transition from 2D AutoCAD with import wizards,
This video shows that using mixed mode modelling (ST and Ordered) can improve the ability of being able to modify faces. Having rounds of varying sizes on a face can make it hard for ST to manage geometry, but placing these rounds into ordered can leave faces free of “clutter” leaving ST free to do
Synchronous Technology can give big benefits in modelling sheet metal to allow you to quickly design from the ground up and none more so that when some of your flanges are at an angle. I was asked recently how to have two flanges that were not at the traditional perpendicular (90°) measure the same from
When you are working with an imported assembly, Solid Edge does a great job of creating all of the parts and placing them into the assembly, but all the parts will be grounded in place. This article will show how assembly relationships can be quickly applied to make it into a workable assemble. The first